We are pleased to offer ECSWR 2018 participants the chance to engage with a wide range of pre-conference activities, hosted by the ESWRA Special Interest Groups. The pre-conferences take place on Wednesday 18 April, 09.00-15.30, giving participants a break before the opening of the main conference at 16.00. Some pre-conferences take up all day, and some take up either the morning or the afternoon slot, thus enabling participants to attend two pre-conferences.
Each pre-conference is introduced in more depth on their individual page. Booking of a pre-conference is available during the conference registration period from 15 November 2018. Please note that some of the pre-conferences have a limited availability and interested participants should ensure they have a place by booking as early as possible! For involvement in individual pre-conferences, please see the description of each pre-conference for more information.
The 2018 ECSWR pre-conferences are:
- Practice Research and Service Users – why, how and outcome
- Exploring the History of Settlements
- Service User Involvement in Research and Education: the next steps
- Assessment in Social Work: meanings and tools
- Critical Realist Perspectives for Social Work Research in a Transitional Context
- ESWRA Special Interest Group on Post-Soviet and Post-Socialist Social Work
- Substance Use (alcohol and other drugs)
- Sharing Practices with Children and Families Across Europe: child protection and the child’s voice
- Deconstructing Post Truth on Migration : ‘Fake news, rumorology and stereotypes that difficult integration‘
- Arts Based Methods as an Embodied Socially Embedded Research Method
Special Interest Group in Gerontological Social Work (GSW SIG)
All pre-conferences cost £40 to attend (£20 for category 2 countries). Fees include refreshments. We are looking into options for lunches.